This blog post is going to show you a step by step procedure on how to submit site url to Google, Bing and Pinterest. Submit to site Google is important so as to Bing webmaster but to Pinterest, it is not really that important; because it depends on individual difference.
After creating a website or blog, you surely want your site to be visible to the world. When your site is been typed on the search engine, you want it to be seen. You want a situation when someone type something related to your content in your web site or blog, you want your site to be on the first page.
Well that’s no problem at all it is very easy to make your site appear in Google; all you need to do is to follow the procedures I will show you on how to submit site to Google, Bing and Pinterest webmaster tool.
You have to know that one of the most important traffic is search engine that’s Organic traffic. Yes search engine. Read How to get Organic Traffic to Your Site.
The first move you need to take to getting your site online and to get better rankings in search engines, is to submit site to Google, Bing and Pinterest. Some might not understand what is meant by URL.
This is an example of a URL “www.yourdomain.com”. After submitting site to URL, the search engines will eventually find your site.
Well all this are easy. Yes it is easy; all you need to do is to submit site URL to search engines i.e Google and Bing webmaster tools.
NOTE: There are plugins that you have possibly installed in your site that you can use to verify your site, which in most cases is easy; plugins like jetpack, all in one SEO, Yoast and more.
NOTE: The moment you submit site URL to webmaster tools, it is possible for it to take several days or possibly weeks before the search engines index your page or pages. Well the Response time may varies so you don’t need to do it over and over again.
NOTE: that other or multiple websites pointing to your site can affect this time as well.
Another thing you should be aware of or stay away from is using automated search engine submission program to submit or index your website or blog. It’s not advisable to do that even if they promise a 100% indexing.
Most of these agencies use automated machines to do the submission and lots of request might also be waiting for submission. Constant submission and link backs to your website in a short period of time might harm your site or blog resulting to spam; there by making Google penalizing you. Which is bad for your site?
Even if you most use such methods to submit site; then make sure you make a thorough research of the site you are going to use in doing that.
Now the first thing you need to do is know the important and necessary search engines to submit site URL to. There are so many search engines that are commonly used in the world and they are:
How to submit site URL to Google:
Follow the guide to submit site URL
Google URL is very easy and fast, all you need to do is:
- Go to Google web page for submission:
- You have to be signed in to your Gmail account to proceed
- Then you type in your site URL in the open space i.e http://www.yourdomainname.com
- You will next see a captcha; enter the captcha to prove to Google you are human not a robot
- Then select “Add URL” and you are done
Submission of URL can be done using Google webmaster tools
How to submit site URL to Bing:
Follow the guide to submit your URL
Same as Bing, it is easy and quick
- Go to Bing web page for submission: http://www.bing.com/docs/submit.aspx
- You have to be signed in to your bing account to proceed and if you don’t have you create one
- Type in your URL, example: http://www.yourdomainname.com
- You will next see a captcha; enter the captcha to prove to Bing you are human not a robot
- Then select “Submit URL” and you are done BUT
- In Bing, you will be asked for the URL .xml version of your sitemap
- Verify ownership of your domain, once verified, you are done
How to submit site URL to Yahoo:
An update has all ready been made; yahoo and bing are now one; all the same. So if you have submitted to Bing then no need for yahoo. And if you still want to try, then you can go ahead but you will still be redirected to Bing webmaster tool site. This is the link for yahoo
How to submit site URL to ASK:
Ask has disabled the feature that allows submission of sitemap. So what they do instead is to crawl your site.
All you need to do is to add directive to your robots.txt file which indicates auto discovery of the XML sitemap.
Get your full sitemap URL and if you don’t know how to get it, just goole how to get sitemap.
Once you do these steps, you are done.
How to submit site URL to AOL:
Well once you have submitted your site or blog URL to google then you have also submitted to AOL because AOL uses Google for organic search, so your site will be crawled by AOL.
Same goes to:
- Altavista: If you have submitted your site or blog to Bing, then you have also submitted to Altavista. Altavista will be the one to index your site.
- MSN: If you have submitted your URL to Bing, then you have also submitted to MSN. MSN also do come to crawl your site or blog.
NOTE: Try not to submit your URL multiple times so search engines won’t consider it as spamming.
This is another method using jetpack
To make this simple verification, just follow the simple steps:
- Go to your admin area, locate your jetpack and click on it and check for site verification then click activate if it’s not activated.
- After that, click configure
- A page is going to display like the one displayed below
- Fill in the space with the content part of the meta verification code provided for Google, Bing and Pinterest
- Get the code and Insert them into their respected empty space and hit the save button
Google Webmaster Tools
- Go to Google webmaster tools and log in to the webmaster tools using your google account
- Click the button “Add a Site” then key in your blog or site URL e.g duasblog.com then click Add site
- An option will be displayed, click “Alternate Method” because you are going for HTML Tag
- You will see a line of coding like this
<meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”fdgiunhgvfd43rgDdgf7r4vsgjhjCuhtyckijbfhgu8uhj” />
- Copy only the content which is fdgiunhgvfd43rgDdgf7r4vcCuhtyckijbfhgu8uhj
- Go back to your jetpack’s Google Webmaster Tool and pest it there, leaving the verification page open and click save changes.
- Then go back to the verification page you left open and click Verify
- Then you will be shown a success message of verifying the ownership of your website
Bing Webmasters Tools
- Go to bing webmaster tools
- Then sign in with your Bing or Microsoft or MSN account
- Click on Add a Site then key in your site or blog URL and other details that might be required and then submit
- An option will appear like this
<meta name=’msvalidate.01′ content=’2RWTGJ75SIJNB65SFZBCOPUY3THSTVG‘>
- Copy only the content which is 2RWTGJ75SIJNBsfhuj6765SFZBCOPUY3THSTVG
- Go back to your jetpack’s Bing Webmaster Tool and pest it there, leaving the verification page open and click save changes.
- Then go back to the verification page you left open and click Verify and that’s it, you are done
Pinterest Webmasters Tools
- Go to pinterest and sign into your pinterest account and if you don’t have a pinterest account, you can create one.
- After you create, go to your profile page and click on edit
- When you do, you will see website and right next to it, you will see “verify website” then click on it
- You will be shown a meta tag like this <meta name=”p:domain_verify” content=”hyg3y78jhdhgeysncjk902jdh7dhue8edfhgjbje“/>
- Copy only the content which is hyg3y78jhdhgeysncjk90ffb2jdh7dhue8ee
- Go back to your jetpack’s Pinterest Webmaster Tool and pest it there, leaving the verification page open and click save changes
- Then go back to the verification page you left open and click Complete Verification and that’s it, you are done.
NOTE: Getting your website or blog verified is very important for the growth of your site; well unless if you don’t want it to be seen by search engines.
I would love to hear from you; Please drop your comment, questions and or suggestions via the comment box below.
It looks like your Facebook URL is incorrectly configured. Please check it in your widget settings.