If you need to know how to get rid of cockroaches then you are in the right place. Roaches have been around for 300 million years, so arming yourself with the right information can really be the difference between success, or failure. Save yourself from wasted time, money, and effort. Make this your last attempt and eliminate them for good. Check out the wealth of information and guides listed at the bottom to uncover exactly what you works.
There are currently over 3,000 known species of roaches in the world. However, only four species are commonly known to be pests. They are:
- The German cockroach (Blattella germanica), the most common.
- The American cockroach ( Periplaneta americana)
- The brown banded cockroach
- The Oriental cockroach
I’ve listed just the 4 most common, but they aren’t the only ones. You may also be dealing with Palmetto Bugs (wood roaches). Even if you’re dealing with a completely different species, the information here can be applied to any species of cockroach. The treatments you find here will also work for all of them.
Which One Are You Dealing With?
Knowing exactly which type of cockroach you’re dealing with and how to get rid of them will make your fight against them so much easier. Different types have different preferences for foods and such. The easiest way to tell what you’re dealing with is to use a monitor glue trap, like this Catchmaster Glue Trap/Monitor, to catch a few of them.
Once you’ve caught a few, how to get rid of it is very easy. Simply pick up the monitor and inspect the roaches. Use the information on this website to identify them based on their physical characteristics. There’s no easier way to determine exactly which type of cockroaches you’re dealing with.
Why They’re Bugging You
These pests like to live indoors among humans; where it provides warmth, shelter from the elements and has easy access to food & water. If these are readily available, they invade our homes and quickly multiply to almost uncontrollable numbers. They eat our foods while carrying germs that threaten our well being.
Keeping Them Away (get rid of them)
The only way to keep roaches away is a clean home. You’ll have no roaches if you leave them with absolutely no way to find food, or water in your home. Of course, that’s basically impossible. You can definitely make it less attractive for them by:
- Putting food away
- Covering food
- Reducing clutter
- Sweeping & vacuuming on a daily basis
Daily cleaning is a lot of work and it takes a lot of time. Sometimes you just can’t keep up with it. If that’s the case for you, you can cheat a little and clean every few days, but use a repellent to help get rid of them or keep them away. You can try electronic pest repellents because every little bit helps. You can find a few different brands out there, but I recommend my readers buy Riddex (especially since they currently have a buy 1 get 1 free promotion).
One in each room is fine. However, in areas of the house where roaches are known to concentrate in (like the kitchen and basement), I recommend at least two or more. This can get expensive since these aren’t exactly cheap, but the good thing is they are reusable and they work for a long time. To save money, buy it while Riddex is still having a buy 1 get 1 free offer. If you really don’t want to buy one for each room, you’ll want to at least have two in the kitchen.
What Works Best for Me
There are many many ways to get rid of them and you’ll find all the different methods with full details in the article listed below. However, let me give you a quick list of what has given me the best results so far.
- Cyper WP. This is a contact killer and any cockroach that makes contact with it can die in a matter of seconds. While DemonWP is my personal all-time favorite, Cyper WP is just as potent and costs much less in the long run (you get over 20 treatments in a bucket vs just 1 treatment in a packet). Mix it with water and spray it in appropriate locations using a dependable sprayer like this Smith 1 gallon sprayer.
- Boric acid. Lightly dusting boric acid powder using the B&G Dust-R works amazingly well if you have the patience for it to kick in. It clings to their legs from contact and causes destruction to their protective exoskeleton. It gets better though. When they clean themselves after contact, it’ll also poison them from the inside. You can even mix it with a little sugar and water to create a very potent DIY bait.
- Advion Cockroach Gel Bait. What if we could get those roaches to kill each other? Well, we can, using this roach bait. There’s a few different brands out there, but none has worked better than this one. They’ll gladly eat the poisoned bait (thanks to the irresistible attractant) and even bring some back for the others. The poison will even stay in their feces. Other roaches (especially baby roaches) will eat then eat the feces and get poisoned as well. What does all this mean? It means you only need some of them to eat it and they’ll kill off the rest for you.
This is a complete list of all the information available on this website that you’ll be needing to take care of those unwanted pests and easily get rid of them. While reading through them, keep in mind that sometimes you might have to test different methods to see which one works the best for you. What works great for one may not work as well for you. This is equally true vice versa.
Once your home is infested, to get rid of them can be difficult. It is even harder if you don’t possess the right knowledge about them and what to use. This information is often scattered throughout the internet, but it has been collected here on this website to make it easier for you
Get rid of them Now and secure a good health for your family