Been hydrated is very essential to our body system. Have you ever felt so thirsty to the extent when you drank water and felt as if drinking that water is the best thing that could have ever happened to you. It is said that to stay hydrated, you most drink water at all times, YES! This is true. It is advised medically to drink about 8 ounce glasses of water per day that is if you are in a heated area or you are working out to replenish fluids.
Water is actually the number one way and the best option to for anyone to be hydrated. So many people drink less of water which is bad for the body and health. If you always stay dehydrated, your body will end up not functioning as it should be.
Whenever you observe these symptoms in you, it simply means you are dehydrated; you need to be hydrated immediately. Below are the symptoms of dehydration:
- Muscle cramps
- Rapid Pulse
- Dryness in the mouth
- Sweating (Feeling hot)
The entire above mentioned are signs and or symptom of dehydration. So please whenever you observe this signs try to take some water so you will be hydrated. In the absence of water take fruits. There are special fruits that can keep you hydrated. Although drinking water is the best way to stay hydrated, you can also re-hydrate your body by taking certain fruits.
In this blog post, you will see many different fruits and veggies that you can eat to help you stay hydrated. 10 natural fruits and veggies that can keep our body fully hydrated.
Top 10 Natural Fruits and Veggies to Keep you Hydrated
- Cucumbers: Cucumber has the highest percentage of water compared to other fruits. Cucumber contains 97 percent water which is very good in hydration. Cucumber is very good to our body and there are a lot of health benefits in cucumber which you probably don’t know.
2. Watermelon: As the name implies, watermelons contains 91.5 percent water. Watermelon does not just quench your taste or keep you hydrated; it is also sweet while taking it. Watermelon contains lycopene which helps in making your stomach filled up for a long period of time so also study has proven that watermelon is considered to be a cancer fighting antioxidant.
3. Grapes fruit: Grapes are high in vitamin C, Grapes contains over 90.5 percent of water. Apart from keeping you hydrated, grapes stabilize blood sugar in your body system. Grapes are mostly recommended after meal to give your diet an extra nudge.
4. Stick of celery: Celery is a unique kind of fruit that contains 95.4 percent of water and so many others such as folate, vitamins A, vitamin C and vitamin K. it also has low calories.
5. Iceberg lettuce (salad): Iceberg salad does not just contain water; it is also good for those In need of vitamins. Iceberg is a very healthy and it keeps you hydrated.
6. Tomatoes: This is yet another fruit that can keep your body hydrated when taken. A lot of people only use tomatoes to cook instead of taking it. Tomatoes are 91.2 percent water so tomatoes should be taken all the time. Tomatoes are high in antioxidant lycopene.
7. Berries: You will be surprised and shocked when you know what berries can do. Berries contain 91 percent water, blueberries contain 91.0 percent water, and raspberries are also 85%.
8. Carrot: Carrots has a whole lot water inside of it. Carrot contains 90.4 percent water and apart from water, carrot is good for our health in the sense that it provide us with good eye sight.
9. Spinach: Spinach is rich in lutein, potassium, fiber, vitamin E and folate. Spinach contains 91.4 percent water. Spinach has some important antioxidants.
10. Broccoli: Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable. Broccoli is good in fighting cancer cells and also has fiber, potassium, vitamin A, and vitamin C, as well as sulforaphane, which boosts the body’s protective enzymes. This veggie contains 91 percent water.
Some other great fruits and veggies that can keep you hydrated are:
- Radishes contains 95.3 percent water
- Red, yellow and green bell peppers contains 93.3 percent water
- Cauliflower contains 92.1 percent water
- Cantaloupe contains 90.2 percent water
- Star fruits contains 91.4 percent water
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS
Star fruit has high levels of oxalic acid, so people with kidney problems should please avoid it.
Too much of salty foods can make you de-hydrated so avoid salty foods in other not to get too thirsty.
Grapefruit reacts negatively with some medicines, so if you are taking any medicines do make sure to ask your doctor if it is safe to consume grapefruit.
Follow this Great Tips during the heat period and see how hydrated your body would be.